Sunday, November 29, 2009

This Weekend minus Savannah

Here is what we did the rest of the weekend - except for Savannah pictures. This bug was huge! I've never been one to be scared of bugs but ugh!! By the way - the knife is there to show it's size - not because we killed it! This afternoon we rode around Charleston on our bikes. It was a beautiful day - around 70 degrees and no wind.

I think we put 7 miles on the bikes - not too far and it was a great way to see a beautiful city. The old buildings in this town are amazing - they have done a wonderful job of restoring them.

This is part of the marina - Scott made me promise that if we ever win the lottery I will let him get a boat...

On Saturday morning we drove out to the Charleston Tea Plantation. It's owned by the Bigelow family, they are the only tea plantation in North America that grows and packages all of their tea.

We learned that three types of tea -Black, Oolong and Green all come from the same plant - the difference is how long the tea leaf is oxidized after it's harvested. This big machine is the harvester - it skims along the top of the bushs to cut off the newest growth. One tea plant can last 50-70 years - producing tea the entire time.

One of my favorite parts of the South is the big over hanging trees everywhere. It's so pretty when it is over the road. This isn't the best of pictures but I think it give the general idea.


Michael had friday off so we went golfing! We are all really bad golfers but we had a great time...the weather was beautiful and the course was right on base so we got to see where Michael works. I forgot my camera so I only got one picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment