Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Oregon Coast

We left Poulsbo and headed for the Coast - my (Ann) Dad used to love to go to Cannon Beach, Oregon every fall and I remember going with Mom and Dad several times. It was fun to see the area - it sure has changed...

The south side of Haystack rock - it took us a bit to figure out the best way to get to the beach - we never made it from this area because there was a cliff but it was a great view!
North side of Haystack rock.

Did you really think I could do a blog without putting grandchildren in it? :)
Brian took this one for Stephanie - pointing out that Sydney is taking after her Momma - a phone in one hand and a drink (non-alcoholic of course) in the other...

I stole these from Gretchen's Facebook page - what a couple of cuties!


more beach - we walked for miles...



Hurry up Scott - the tides coming in...

This is probably the only place in the world where I love watching the clouds roll in...

Surfs up!

No visit to the Oregon Coast would be complete without going to the Tillamook cheese factory. For all of my non-west coast friends Tillamook cheese is the BEST! I really missed it when I was in Texas last year.

Watching the cheese packaging process - today it was colby-jack which is my favorite.

All packaged up and ready to go to the store...
After watching this (they didn't have the ice cream line running) we walked through the store and then went and had a grilled cheese sandwich and too much ice cream!!


Noticed this little dock in the middle of a heavy fishing area - I think it was outhouses? My question is...is it straight flush or is there a detour? :)

Noticed a bunch of elk on the side of the road...

Good bye until next time Haystack rock!

1 comment:

  1. the oregon coast is beautiful...will have to spend more time there one of these days...

    ReplyDelete