Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13th, Day 10

Oberlin to Opelousas, LA
52.8 miles, 6 hrs, 34 min riding time

We have ridden a total of 331 miles so far.

It was a great day of riding! We dealt with strong head and side winds (between 15-20 mph) and horrible roads with no shoulders but we still had a blast!

We met a couple from Philadelphia who quit their jobs and our going to spend the next year traveling by bike around the country...as most of you can imagine Scott was quite jealous! :) It was fun to visit with them and hope we can keep in touch with them in the future.

We road through a lot of farm country today - lots of old buildings and animals. As bad as the roads were the people were really friendly and nice about waiting to go around us when it was safe. We went through Mamou, LA and had some of the best fried chicken I've ever had.

I put my camera in my pocket today and was able to take a few more pictures- hope you enjoy them! Not sure how these will load on the blog but I'll comment on them in the order I see them in...

-Louisiana farmland

-It's pretty funny how many of the animals watch us intently as we ride by (except for the dogs who chase us)

-a very common use of Solo cups in the south...

-thought that was a cool shot

-the wind was blowing - not fun to ride through that dirt

-another cool old building

-Our first Piggly Wiggly - welcome to the south!

-okay - I admit I love old buildings!

No comments:

Post a Comment